Fall Gardening Planning Checklist
Fall is a great time to plant trees and shrubs, cut back perennials, remove annuals and get your lawn healthy for next spring. Remember to keep watering until the ground freezes. Trees and shrubs that are deprived of water now will be easily stressed in the winter.
• plant bulbs for spring and summer flowering mid- to late-October. We have a great assortment of bulbs, including proven deer resistant varieties, and quick release bulb planters.
• use straw mulch to cover your strawberries and asparagus as well as around roses, hydrangea and other shrubs and perennials. Debbie’s Greenhouse carries Gardenstraw, a clean, consistent and convenient gardening mulch.
• add compost to garden beds. We stock CIL Biomax Sea Compost.
• give newly planted/transplanted bulbs, perennials and shrubs a great start with Evolve Organic Bone Meal.
• treat yourself with a pop of colour for your doorstep or table with a Fall Mum grown in our greenhouse.
See you soon — open Monday-Friday, 9-5 and Saturday, 10-4 at 14 Mark’s Lane (3kms north of the bypass on Hwy 658/Redditt Road) in Kenora, ON. Phone 807-548-1325. Shop online at debbisgreenhouse.ca/shop
TURN TO US FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS
At Debbie's Greenhouse & Garden Centre we are striving to be your one-stop shop for everything from plants for your home and yard to providing landscaping services. Over the past three decades we have worked hard to bring Kenora and Lake of the Woods area gardeners the best plants, products, garden supplies and more. Each year we find new gems to add to our greenhouses and grow each and every annual, perennial, shrub and tree with the care and attention it needs to thrive.